The registration of the new party by a breakaway faction fro

The registration of the new party by a breakaway faction fro

Postby Grandlarousse » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm

The registration of the new party by a breakaway faction from Parti Lepep “imminent”

“One must understand that as a breakaway group, we will not be popular with the hierarchy of the party we left. They are angry, it is understandable and also they are the leaders of a political party which is currently in full election campaign mode. They are bound to react in such a way that they garner the support of their followers,” Mr Pillay told TODAY.

https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/pos ... 01652515:0

This story is being covered by le Seychellois Hebdo and Today Seychelles eventually other media beside Face book and People. We cannot locate the open letter online

Parti Lepep Pe Pet An Fler,
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Seych ... 3581088957

Albert René expresses support for James Michel
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/pos ... 45155454:0
Grandlarousse

Re: The registration of the new party by a breakaway faction

Postby Grandlarousse » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 am

Letter to the Editor - Protect our “rainbow colour” image

27-April-2015
I have just returned to Mahé following a 10-day odyssey across the western Indian Ocean as guest of Mr Sven-Olof Lindblad, owner of the Orion National Geographic cruiseship.

This has provided me with the opportunity of re-visiting the Aldabra archipelago as well as Assumption, D’Arros, Aride, La Digue, and Praslin and once again made me realised how fortunate we, the people of Seychelles, are to be living in such peaceful and wonderful environment and how we can certainly promote Seychelles to climb higher in the sphere of an economic progress which did not lose sight of the ultimate aim of bringing maximum contentment to our people.

I have once again on another trip overseas. This time, I am in Baku, Azerbaijan, to participate in a high-level conference hosted jointly by the Nizami Ganjavi Foundation in association with Le Club de Madrid, which is being attended by over 80 former Heads of Governments of democratically-run nations and which will focus on the issue as to whether democracy globally is on the increase or in a declining situation.

On the evening of Friday April 24, I spent significant time going over the local newspapers that my office has accumulated over the last 12 days for my reading attention upon my return to Mahé. If there is a perception that democracy is on the decline internationally, this is certainly not the impression I get with respect to the local situation, where I am reading about the recent registration of various “political factions” as “political parties” in readiness for the Presidential and Legislative Elections, which appears to be imminent this year.

I must say that it is with mixed feelings that I have read that certain veteran politicians whom I thought, had joined my club of “national statesmen”, are now returning into the realm of controversial partisan politics. This, of course, is not an unexpected development in an atmosphere of democratic latitudes, which for better or for worse, President James Michel has encouraged to happen as he drifted away from the One-Party dictatorial attitude and policy of his predecessor over the last few years.

However, there is one issue which has profoundly upset me since, if allowed to grow and propagate, will definitely upset the well-being of our existing social fabric.

In the article announcing that former Minister of Foreign Affairs, my old friend, the Honourable Patrick Pillay, has decided to form a political party because of his displeasure with the quality of governance under the leadership of his old boss, President James A. Michel, is now critical of the President although he himself was the person who delivered congratulatory remarks about the President on the occasion of the launching of President Michel’s autobiography just a few years ago.

I am of course not privy as to what happened with respect to the chemistry of human relationship between the two personalities of the SPPF party which resulted in President Michel terminating the appointment of Mr Pillay as his Ambassador in London. What concern me profoundly was the insinuation in the article published in Le Seychellois Hebdo on Friday April 17, 2015 entitled, ‘I don’t hate you…Pillay tells JAM’, which inter-alia quoted a local lawyer active within the SNP structure stating that “President Michel prefers to have ‘lighter skin’ Seychellois” within the context of his political entourage.

In my view, this statement could bring about serious prejudices to our projected “rainbow colour” image which is a concept which should be considered “sacred” and the core of a social fabric about which we should feel proud. It is in fact against the background of such an image that I have gallantly proclaimed that the Seychellois people constitute a sample of the world to come. Indeed, only recently I was telling to an audience how proud I was to find in many Seychellois families a little brother who looks like an African, a little sister who looks like an Asian and a big brother like a European.

In conclusion, let me state my view that any import of the “colour of the skin” issue within the context of controversial partisan politics is reckless, alarming, vexing and certainly not intended to promote harmony within Seychellois families and indeed within the Seychelles society.

James R. Mancham

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=245222
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:45 am

Patrick Pillay’s Lalyans Seselwa applies for registration

The former SPPF Minister says the decay and corruption in the country started a long time ago, “maybe even when we were still in government”.
“We need to address the decay and the corruption in the country”. This is the primary reason the former SPPF Minister, Patrick Pillay, says he has decided to form a new party, Lalyans Seselwa. Accompanied by the new party’s secretary general (SG), Ahmed Afif, Mr Pillay applied Saturday morning for registration at the Electoral Commission in Mont Fleuri.

“A group of us have been talking for a while and we feel there’s a need to address the malaise in the country”, Mr Pillay told TODAY, adding that all the members of the executive committee have at some point “worked very hard for this country in government so we are part of the development of what is happening”. This led the group to decide to “get together and look at the way we do things, look at the decay that we feel is around us and address the corruption which we feel is very rampant”.

While the leader of Lalyans Seselwa says he’d rather wait for the registration of the new party before going public with the party’s manifesto, he nonetheless revealed that the former Agriculture Minister William Herminie is the party’s secretary for mobilization and organisation while the former Minister for Manpower and Administration Noellie Alexander is the party’s secretary for communication and information. Dr V. Ramadoss is the party’s treasurer while the post of SG is occupied by former Principal Secretary for Finance and Trade, Ahmed Afif.

“We’ve got a lot of issues that we need to address; we’ve got the energy, we think we’ve got the vision and all we need is the support of the population” Patrick Pillay said. Asked whether the malaise he referred to had started while he was still in government, Mr Pillay answered in the affirmative. “It started quite a while back, we started going wrong some years ago. I can’t blame others and say it started after we left. Maybe we were part of it”, he admitted.
Lalyans Seselwa will be based in the Soleil building near the Good Shepherd’s church at Mont Fleuri. The party’s slogan is the following – “Dignite-Lazistis-Linite = Lape” (Dignity-Justice-Unity=Peace).

https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/pho ... =1&theater
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Assassination Ploy Averted At Seychelles Carnival

On the day of the Seychelles International Carnival, the rumor mill took off of a possible assassination plot to kill President James Michel during the carnival festivities.

http://freeseychellesnow.blogspot.co.uk/

Carnaval International de Victoria
Authorities deny security scare
… But measures taken in reaction to the alert negatively impacted the carnival.
BY DB
The country was rife with conspiracy theories on Saturday with unpleasant consequences for the fifth edition of the Carnaval International de Victoria. But a day later, after most people had witnessed the overwhelming presence of the army, armed police officers and the dog unit, as well as the last minute change in the VIP arrangements for the carnival, Minister Alain St Ange went on record to say that the panic was created by social media.
And yet on Saturday, at about 1.45pm as the protocol unit of the ministry of Foreign Affairs was putting the last touches to the seating arrangements for the Very Important Persons (VIPs) in the car park of the Stad Popiler, instructions were given to make alternative arrangements for the President and other dignitaries. The top of the stairs in front of the International Conference Centre Seychelles (ICCS) was hastily converted into an alternative VIP area.
But not all VIPs were to be included in this alternative arrangement. And the information was not properly relayed to those concerned. As a result, upon hearing of the alternative arrangements, some diplomats made their way to the ICCS only to be told that access was reserved for the President, Ministers and other foreign dignitaries.
A few other diplomats who arrived at the stadium car park were not told of the change in plans and waited in vain for the President to arrive. Meanwhile, the VIP section at the car park started to steadily empty as news of the security scare trickled in. But most other guests were oblivious to what was happening. No explanations were given to explain why the parade which was due to start at 3pm had still had not begun. At about 4pm, as diplomats came to the realization that the President was not going to turn up, they started leaving.
On the streets, people who had stationed themselves near the Le Chantier roundabout saw the floats starting to come in but then turned right around and go back towards Bois de Rose Avenue. The rumour mill went into overdrive when armed military officers started pouring into town. A sniper positioned on top of the Le Chantier mall, at a loss to explain the changes to members of the public, actually said that the VIP section had to be moved because of “the wet soil” (Ed’s note, the car park is asphalted).
The rain, which had stopped long before the parade was due to start, was also used as an excuse to explain the change of the VIP location to some guests who asked why the President was watching the show elsewhere.
The alternative arrangements came about following a meeting chaired by Home Affairs Minister Charles Bastienne at the police headquarters at about 1pm. Police officers and the military were then informed that there was a security threat and that the President should be kept away from the car park (see page 2 for more on this).
The fact that the VIPs had moved to the ICCS meant that the parade route had to be changed. Only at about 4.30pm - the time when the parade should have ended – did the floats start to proceed along the new route.
They had to first stop in front of the ICCS, coming from Docklands (which was not on the initial route), then go down Francis Rachel Street, enter the Stadium Car Park to perform in front of practically empty secondary VIP section, go back out and then on towards the Clock Tower.
A lack of police officers on the streets as well as the absence of barriers on both sides of the road made it at times difficult for the large floats to pass and the security accompanying the floats had to do what the police couldn’t – ask people to stay back. Foreign journalists stationed at the Clock Tower could not work, their press passes affording them no protection against the onslaught of spectators who wanted to be as close to the floats as possible.
In fact, most of the police officers, military officers and armed bodyguards were stationed near the ICCS to protecting the President against the potential security scare. There was an anxious moment when the King of Ashanti who as everyone else, had initially gone to the car park to watch the parade, was relocated to the pavement opposite the ICCS where his court was awaiting. Two of his emissaries then crossed the road and walked up to Foreign Affairs Minister Joel Morgan, presumably to inform him that the President would have to personally greet the King. Which James Michel did under heavy guard. The President was surrounded by six bodyguards as he went down the stairs while just opposite the ICCS, policemen dressed as civilians used binoculars to scan the crowd. Five dogs from the Dog Unit were also stationed in the vicinity of the ICCS.
Meanwhile the parade went on tediously. Either too much time passed between the floats or not enough. And the dulcet notes of the poor Sami folk singer from Sweden could barely be heard above the deafening bass of the previous float.
The order of the parade was also something of a mystery. Local floats were mixed in with international ones with delegates looking as tired as the spectators felt. By the time the long awaited Notting Hill carnival appeared, night had fallen and people who by then had lined the streets for four hours, were more than ready to leave.

https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/pos ... 3814843097

Seychelles Carnival Fake terror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGL_kL ... e=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Mon May 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Q&A Patrick Pillay - High Commissioner of Seychelles to the UK
A prominent figure in Seychellois politics, since the early 1990s Patrick Pillay has led several ministries in his home country, including his role at the helm of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 2005 to 2009.
After having studied in the UK in the ’70s and ’80s, he returned in 2010 as the head of the newly reopened High Commission for Seychelles. His diplomatic mission includes establishing better connections with Seychellois citizens in Britain and promoting Seychelles as a great destination for foreign investment in a range of sectors.

http://www.the-report.net/seychelles/fe ... -to-the-uk

Comments - like the millions of the deranged/CJD. Satanic rage posses British/English people, every body forget and we are compel to write those sordid issues on forums -- we played important role that some of the British Diplomatic Appointment got/were made including that of Mr Pat Pillay then we have the madness of the media.

Then we have former President Mancham on about the global/world situation - he ought to stop being very dishonest say/write what is causing the world to be in this sorry state, those who was their time to write even what he dictate.

Including the article in Nation about discipline - what discipline when all the school children know of the comportment of those leading the nation their dishonesty - the use and abuse of that infernal satanic rage/mad cow mechanism and the outcomes.
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Mon May 04, 2015 1:51 pm

2 new parties enter Seychelles political landscape – former minister is leader of new opposition group

Victoria, Seychelles | April 26, 2015, Sunday @ 10:02 in National » GENERAL | By: Sharon Uranie and Hajira Amla | Views: 2953
2 new parties enter Seychelles political landscape – former minister is leader of new opposition group
New political parties are being registered in Seychelles with the next presidential election around the corner. (Patrick Joubert, Seychelles News Agency)

(Seychelles News Agency) - With the next Seychelles presidential and parliamentary elections on the horizon, the political atmosphere in the Indian Ocean archipelago of 115 islands with a population of around 90,000 people, is starting to heat up with parties and individuals starting to make known their intentions to participate in the next democratic polls.
- See more at: http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/art ... qeiDN.dpuf
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Here's a possible scenario for the presidential election:
- Michel for PL wins less than 50% but gets more than Pillay of lalyans (who are the allyans partners?) ; Ramkalawan garners all the opposition votes and scores the same as he did last time (41%). So in the final round its Michel v/s Ramkalawan. Do you think Pillay will sound convincing to SPPF voters that deserted Michel to vote for him in the first round if he stood alongside Ramkalawan urging them to vote for the latter???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8916232 ... 3/?fref=nf
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Sun May 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Lalyans Seselwa i prezant son komite egzekitif e anons son progranm

09-May-2015
Lalyans Seselwa, en nouvo parti politik ki fek anrezistre yer bomaten, ti dan en premye rankont avek bann reprezantan lapres lokal yer apremidi prezant komite egzekitif sa parti osi byen ki son manifesto dan ki i annan son progranm travay koman en parti.

Dirizan sa parti i ansyen Minis Zafer Etranzer Msye Patrick Pillay, son sekreter zeneral i Msye Ahmed Afif e bann lezot manm i Noelie Alexander ki responsab kominikasyon, William Herminie ki responsab mobilizasyon, Dokter Ramados ki trezorye ek Simone de Commarmond ki en manm ordiner.
Me akoz Lalyans Seselwa?

Msye Pillay ti dir ki akoz konman en parti zot anvi annan en linyon avek tou Seselwa – tou dimoun ki konsider zot konman Seselwa ki annan en leker pour Sesel e pour Seselwa, Lalyans Seselwa konman sa parti pou la pour gid e avans sa pei devan pour ki nou vin en nasyon fyer, modern e demokratik.
Moto sa parti se lazistis, dignite, linite ek lape.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=245349
Grandlarousse

Return to Indian Ocean problematic issues