29enm Festival Kreol

29enm Festival Kreol

Postby Grandlarousse » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

29enm Festival Kreol

29-October-2014

Msye Andre apre ki i ti’n resevwar son sertifika. Dan medayon i sa trwa lezot mizisyen – Patrick Victor, Jean-Marc Volcy ek Jany De Letourdie -- ki’n ganny onore me ki pa ti prezan kot seremoni yer

Jany De Letourdie, Patrick Victor, David Andre ek Jean-Marc Volcy i antre dan Wall of Fame

Jany De Letourdie, Patrick Victor, David Andre ek Jean-Marc Volcy in zwenn David Philoe ek François Havelock dan Wall of Fame.
Sa lannen i fer dezyenm fwa ki bann organizater Festival Kreol i met sa seremoni parmi bann aktivite pour sa selebrasyon kiltir kreol dan Victoria, kapital lemonn kreol.

Jany De Letourdie, Patrick Victor, David Andre ek Jean-Marc Volcy ti yer apremidi ganny rekonpanse pour zot devosyon ek kontribisyon dan lanmizik Seselwa atraver Seychelles Musicians’ Wall of Fame me malerezman zis Msye Andre ki ti prezan pour sa devwalman zetwal dan sa Wall of Fame ki ti fer kot Sant Kiltirel Nasyonal.

Lannen pase sa bann zetwal ti ganny mete dan larantre Sant Kiltirel Nasyonal, me bann organizater in aprezan deside pour afis zot lo miray andeor sa batiman. Zetwal David Philoe ek François Havelock i osi lo miray.

I eksplikab alors ki Seychelles Musicians’ Walk of Fame in vin Seychelles Musicians’ Wall of Fame.
Plis detay lo sa seremoni dan en prosen edisyon zournal Nation.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=243475
Grandlarousse

Culture Department - Ensuring cultural development in 2014 a

Postby Grandlarousse » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:49 am

Culture Department - Ensuring cultural development in 2014 and beyond

“During the year 2014, the culture department went through a challenging year. However, with the determination, perseverance, motivation and willingness of the staff many plans and targets were achieved successfully.”

These are the words of Benjamine Rose, the principal secretary (PS) for culture as she wraps up the department’s activities for the outgoing year.

Despite numerous challenges, the PS believes that with a strong and determined team, they have successfully put into place an effective management system.

The eradication of fungus at the National Archives and National Library has surely been the toughest challenge faced by the culture department, as the problem has affected staff, services and overall productivity.

Added to this was the speculation that the National Library was throwing away books although they were still in good condition and could have been given away to the public. The Tourism and Culture Minister Alain St Ange has acknowledged that this was a mistake and that appropriate action has been taken for the incident not to happen again.

As energetic and determined and on the same wave length as her minister, the PS has reacted philosophically to the challenges.

“The book issue was also one which should not have happened. However, such an experience has enabled us to prepare ourselves better and to put into place more effective procedures to ensure that such incidents do not re-occur.”

But those setbacks seem to have been eclipsed by the many successful projects and programmes the culture team have managed to put forth and which they believe are already bearing the fruits of their labour.
We present you with some of what we can call the cultural achievements for 2014:

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244083
Grandlarousse

Re: 29enm Festival Kreol

Postby Grandlarousse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Lenstiti Kreol i devwal son bann proze pour sa lannen

15-January-2015
Bann envite distenge dan en portre souvenir anba lavarang Lenstiti Kreol zour sa lenstiti ti vin enternasyonal (Madanm Choppy i agos dan portre). Sa lenstiti pe anvizaz plizyer proze sa lannen si mwayen ek resours finansyel i permet

Lenstiti Kreol in devwal serten parmi son bann proze ki i anvizaze realize sa lannen si mwayen ek resours finansyel i permet.

Direktris sa Lenstiti, Madanm Penda Choppy, ti dir sa letan i ti pe prezant serten bann proze pandan rankont anyel Minister Tourizm ek Kiltir Mardi.

Sa lenstiti i tonm anba sa minister.
Madanm Choppy in dir ki depi ki Lenstiti Kreol in vin enternasyonal lannen pase son misyon in vin pli larz e pli o nivo e i neseser annan plis dimoun dan sak bann younit ki’n ganny met anplas pour ed li realiz son bann proze dan kad son misyon.

“Pour lemoman i pa posib pour nou akonpli nou misyon parey nou sipoze avek sa tre pe resours imen ki nou annan,” Madanm Choppy ti dir.

I ti azoute ki i dan plan stratezik sa lenstiti pour ogmant kantite travayer ki neseser me sa plan, ki’n deza aprouve, i ankor pe esper finansman neseser pour vin anfors.

Formasyon resours imen i osi en lot defi ki Madanm Choppy i dir pou ganny adrese dan san plan.

Madanm Choppy in toudmenm fer resorti ki sa lenstiti i aprezan bezwen resours imen avek pli o degree formasyon.

“Nou bezwen sifizanman finansman avek loportinite formasyon pour nou kapab ariv lo sa nivo ki nou anvi,” Madanm Choppy ti fer resorti.

I ti azoute ki Lenstiti Kreol, ki annan sipor gouvernman e striktir neseser, i anvi vin sa lotorite dan domenn resers, literatir, lengwistik Kreol dan larezyon.

Madanm Choppy ti osi dir ki sa lannen Lenstiti Kreol i anvi fer plis marketing pour son bann prodwi ek servis e osi kre lezot servis ki pou ankouraz dimoun dan tou kous sosyete pour apresye sa ki zot fer e osi pour vin akse son bann servis ki i ofer.

Dan kad son bann proze pour devlop zouti lalang, Madanm Choppy i dir ki Lenstiti Kreol i ankor pe travay lo son proze diksyoner monoleng e la in fini en faz e i ekspekte konplet li dan ankor 2-an.

Lenstiti i osi fek termin dernyen volim leksik.
Lenstiti Kreol, ansanm avek departman teknolozi lenformasyon (DICT) pe osi travay lo son sit web dan kad son proze pour devlop son bann zouti teknolozi lenformasyon e sa i ekspekte pare pou lanse byento.

En lot proze ki Madanm Choppy i dir i dan en staz avanse i en sistenm korize pour Kreol Seselwa ki pe fer avek Microsoft e DICT.
En proze Pri Antoine Abel rezyonnal i osi an kour e Madanm Choppy i dir ki sa pa tro fasil me demars pe ganny fer.

Pandan sa lannen Lenstiti Kreol i osi anvizaze ranforsi son bann lyen avek tou son bann partener ek kolaborater enkli Minister Ledikasyon e deza in siny en lagreman avek Liniversite Sesel (UniSey) pour fer bann travay entelektyel e akademik e la i pe travay lo en lagreman avek Minister Ledikasyon pour plis kolaborasyon.

I pe osi anvizaze devlop en lagreman dan domenn resers avek en liniversite Swedwa.

I ti azoute ki serten laspe Lenstiti Kreol Enternasyonal in deza pe ganny met an plas e i osi annan proze pour konstrir en nouvo batiman ki a permet sa lenstiti servi sa vye batiman konman en lasal lekspozisyon e nouvo batiman pour permet tou bann lezot pei annan zot prop seksyon.

Lenstiti Kreol ti vin otononm an Avril lannen pase apre ki Lasanble Nasyonal ti’n aprouv en lalwa lo sa size an Zilyet.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244218
Grandlarousse

Re: 29enm Festival Kreol

Postby Grandlarousse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Culture department to put in place risk management plan

15-January-2015

Setting up a culture risk management plan, promoting cultural tourism and pushing for the country to have a maritime museum are but only some of the projects the department of culture has set itself to realise this year.

Culture principal secretary Benjamine Rose revealed these projects during the Ministry of Tourism and Culture’s annual general meeting on Tuesday.

PS Rose in her office. She has urged all members of staff to work better as a teamMs Rose said the department of culture has a good number of new projects on its agenda for this year.

The department is also going to put in place a culture risk management plan.

“Years back we were faced with the threats of a tsunami so we need to prepare and be ready to face any eventualities. We need to protect our historic documents. To do that we need a plan as to how to go about and a committee made up of all heads of the different units in the department was set up last year to draw up that plan,” Ms Rose added.

Working closely with key actors in the tourism department as well as the ministry responsible for community development to promote cultural tourism will also feature high on the department of culture’s agenda this year, Ms Rose said, noting that this will benefit the creative industry.

More effort and vigour will also be put in realising the maritime museum project this year, Ms Rose pointed out.

She said two committees, including a technical one, are working to develop and explore ways with both local and regional help to realise the project.

“Consultative meetings have already been held with key stakeholders and different ministries to ensure they are all on board to discuss numerous issues of the project but which relate to them,” Ms Rose pointed out.

“The department also plans to fully apply the Quality Management System (QMS) which it started last year. This is a system which, among other things, helps an organisation to measure productivity, employees’ competence, effectiveness all with the aim to better meet customers’ and clients’ needs,” Ms Rose said.

“It is a long process which will be applied across all the different units of the culture department,” she added.

The culture department’s strategic plan expires this year and Ms Rose said a team has already been put together to work on its update. At the same time the department also aims to review its cultural policy so that it meets present day demands and requirements as well as bring it on par A staff of the culture department at work. More will be done this year to bring more value to the hard work done by staffwith international norms.

Ms Rose further noted that this year the department plans to launch a public awareness campaign aimed at ensuring people know the work and functions of the different units which fall under the department.

“This will not only give the department more visibility but is also expected to bring more value to all the hard work done by the small but committed team of workers whose work and effort very often go unnoticed,” Ms Rose remarked.

“We aim to use the media to ensure the public, both local and foreign, know what we do so that our work can be better appreciated and the services we offer used more by the public,” Ms Rose pointed out.

New laws namely the Copyright Act which was passed last year as well as a number of new policies will come into effect during the course of this year and awareness campaigns surrounding them will also be carried out.

Noting that these are but only some of the projects that the department of culture wants to carry out this year, Ms Rose stressed that there are challenges to overcome along the way and she has called for the commitment and responsibility of all members of staff and expressed the wish that they will all work better as a team and with more devotion and enthusiasm to make these projects happen.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244220
Grandlarousse

Return to Indian Ocean problematic issues