Vice-President Faure thank retirees for their long service

Postby Grandlarousse » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:49 pm

05-December-2014
As part of his programme of meetings with long-serving public servants, Vice-President Danny Faure met eight long-serving retirees on Wednesday at State House.

A ninth one who was also to form part of the group was unable to attend.

The retirees were welcomed by Vice-President Faure in the presence of the principal secretary in the Vice-President’s Office Jeanne Simeon, the chief secretary for public service Jessy Esparon and the principal secretary for Education Merida Delcy.

For the retirees’ dedication and loyalty towards their job Mr Faure presented them with a little token each to show his appreciation.

Out of the eight retirees present seven worked for the Ministry of Education and they are Guillianne Amelie (32 years) Lucide Morel (41), Celine Antat (42), Carmelle Gappy (48), Wilfred Maria (49), Valerie Tirant (36) and Jeannine Isnard (38). May Vel worked for the Ministry of Natural Resources for 36 years. The absentee, Herman Ally, worked with the Department of Legal Affairs for 41 years.

Speaking to the press the retirees shared their secret for remaining for such a long time in their profession.

“There are different factors that can make a person serve for a long time in a job, but the factors that made me serve for the 41 years are the love I have for teaching and the devotion and interest that I have to work with children especially teenagers,” Lucide Morel said.

Wilfred Maria, who has served for 49 years, said: “I loved my job, and when I get to interact with my students it gave me pride and joy and they too loved me.”

May Vel said: “I stayed in my profession because I felt more secure serving in the public sector and it is a way of giving back what you have gained from your country. I also loved my job and looking back I can say that I came a long way and as the years went by I saw myself progressing in my work.”

All three retirees who spoke to the press said that they will rest for a while before deciding on what to do with the spare time they have as retirees.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=243859
Grandlarousse

Return to Indian Ocean problematic issues