SPDF i onor bann solda ki’n tonbe

Postby Grandlarousse » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 pm

26-November-2014

Parey i en tradisyon depi bokou lannen aprezan, Lafors Defans Pep Seychelles (SPDF) i alokazyon Lazournen Lafors Defans le 25 Novanm onor bann solda ki’n tonbe pandan ki zot ti pe defann nou pei.

Lazournen Lafors Defans i osi rann omaz a bann solda ki ti defann nou e ranport laviktwar lo en group mersener etranze ki ti atak Seychelles le 25 Novanm 1981. Okour sa konba, en zenn solda, soulyetnan David Paul Antat, ti perdi son lavi.

Sa lannen pa’n en leksepsyon kot SPDF ti mark sa lokazyon dan en seremoni depoz kouronn fler kot Moniman Laviktwar kot Erport Pointe Larue yer bomaten.

Akonpannyen par lanmizik Lorkes Nasyonal avan ki i ti premye pour depoz kouronn, sef SPDF Brigadye Leopold Payet ti resevwar salitasyon zeneral avek Gard Doner. Bann solda ti answit gard en minit silans an memwar bann ero nou nasyon.

Osi prezan ti Komisyoner Lapolis Ernest Quatre, bann ansyen manm Lafors defans, ansyen konbatan dan Dezyenm Ger Mondyal e reprezantan lazenes.

Dan en moman lapriyer, Lomonye Lafors Defans Dyak Louis Agathine ti demann Senyer pour gid bann zonm ek fanm dan liniform pour zot kapab propaz sa trwa gran prensip ki Zezi Kri limenm in prese : Laliberte, legalite ek fraternite. I ti dir ki si nou aplik sa bann prensip nou pou kapab viv dan lape ek linite e vin en pep pli ere e prosper.

Seremoni ti termin par en portre lafanmiy SPDF avek bann envite otour Moniman Laviktwar.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=243766
Grandlarousse

Re: SPDF i onor bann solda ki’n tonbe

Postby Grandlarousse » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Seychelles military in major exercise abroad

27-January-2015

The Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) will be taking part in Cutlass Express 2015, a major military exercise which starts tomorrow in Mauritius.

Two of Seychelles Coast Guard’s (SCG) patrol ships, PS Constant and PS Andromache, left Port Victoria on Friday for the Mauritian capital, Port Louis. The two ships, with a total crew of 66 service personnel, are expected to arrive in Port Louis today. They will be joined on Thursday by a Seychelles Air Force (SAF) Dornier with four crew members.

Local military medical trainers and maritime operation coordination staff will also be taking part alongside the sailors and airmen.
The Seychelles military contingent is being led by Lieutenant Colonel Simon Laurencine, SCG Naval Wing Commander. He is also accompanied on this trip by the force chaplain, Major Louis Agathine.

A communique from the SPDF said this deployment is a milestone for the force and Seychelles as it is the first time that such military assets and personnel travel outside the country for a major exercise.

“It presents an opportunity for the SPDF to evaluate and demonstrate its ability to deploy and sustain forces over such distances for an extended period,” said the communique.

The transit to and from Mauritius will also present an opportunity for the SCG and SAF to carry out coordinated patrol in the southern portion of the Seychelles Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) as well as coordinate any sightings within Mauritian waters to the Mauritian authorities.
Both vessels are expected back in the country on February 10.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244326
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 am

Seychelles commander-in-chief makes key appointments in armed forces

29-January-2015

Following the formation of his new Cabinet and new appointments in the public service, President James Michel has made changes to the command structure of the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF).

The commander-in-chief of the Seychelles armed forces has appointed Lieutenant Colonel Michael Rosette as the new chief of staff under the command of the Chief of Defence Forces (CDF), Brigadier Leopold Payet.

The former chief of staff, Colonel Clifford Roseline, has been appointed chief military adviser to the President/commander-in-chief.

The new commandant of the Military Academy is Lieutenant Colonel Edwards Anacoura. He is succeeded as Military Attaché to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by Lieutenant Colonel Georges Adeline.

Other commanding officers retain their positions, while other appointments are being done internally.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244350
Grandlarousse

Postby Grandlarousse » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Mauritius’ 47th Independence Day anniversary

21-March-2015
Seychelles’ defence forces take part in celebrations

A group of Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) service personnel returned in the country this week after taking part in the military parade to commemorate Mauritius’ 47th Independence Day anniversary on March 12, 2015.

The SPDF’s involvement came after Seychelles responded positively to the invitation of the Mauritian government to send a military contingent to march alongside the Mauritian disciplinary forces and other foreign military contingents in this year’s parade.

During the ceremony, the 11 SPDF personnel – eight males and three females – representing the Coast Guard, Air Force, Army and Special Forces marched proudly behind their flag bearer, Warrant Officer Class One, Longin Nicette.

Under the command of Captain Jude Raoul, the squad put up an impressive display along the Champs de Mars, and was applauded intensely as they goose-stepped and saluted the dignitaries, including the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, who was the guest of honour at the event.

It was a memorable experience for the troops who were representing the country for the first time at this event.

Besides Mauritius and Seychelles, the French forces based in Reunion and a contingent from the Indian Navy also took part in the parade.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=244867
Grandlarousse

Return to Indian Ocean problematic issues